Plants That Animals Lovers Should Never Have In Their Garden

A garden can be a dangerous thing to keep when you have pets who spend a lot of time outside. Some flowers can make your pet dangerously sick if they were to ingest them.

Here are nine plants that you should not keep in your garden.

Rhododendron: Although this flower is beautiful to look at, it is actually quite toxic to dogs and cats. Horses, goats, and sheep can also become dangerously sick from eating these. The most common signs of poisoning include vomiting, excessive drooling, diarrhea, loss of appetite, falling into a coma, and death in very severe cases

Lilies: These beautiful flowers are extremely toxic to cats. Even a small portion of any lily can cause liver failure.

Chrysanthemums: These flowers are not deadly when ingested, but they can cause some discomfort in your pet. The signs to look out for are diarrhea, drooling, and gastrointestinal upset.

Milkweed: Although these flowers are perfect for bringing monarchs to your garden, it is very toxic to your dogs and cats. It can cause vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, kidney or liver failure, and even death.

Oleander: It is not just the flowers that are deadly, but every part of the plant. If you see your pet ingesting any part of it, seek medical attention immediately, as they will suffer from diarrhea, difficulty breathing, muscle tremors, and possible death.

Tulips: Most of the parts of the flower can cause some discomfort, but it’s the bulbs that are the most toxic. Ingesting will result in depression of the nervous system, vomiting, drooling, and possible cardiac abnormalities.

Daffodils: Just like tulips, the bulbs are the most toxic part. Your dog may suffer from vomiting, diarrhea, and large amounts can cause tremors and cardiac arrhythmias if any part of the plant is eaten.

Japanese Yew: This plant is typically used to treat certain types of cancer, but when eaten by your pet, it can cause trembling, incoordination, difficulty breathing, gastrointestinal upset and possible death.

Amaryllis:  These beautiful perennials can cause vomiting, diarrhea, depression, and abdominal pain when eaten by your cat or dog.

There are also some plants in your garden that are not only safe for your pets to eat, but are even beneficial.

Cat grass: Can be added to your garden and make it easier for your cat to digest. It helps clear up hairballs if your cat has a problem getting rid of them.

Burro’s Tail: Can also be a great addition; this succulent looks attractive, and won’t cause any problems when eaten by your pet.

Lastly, the maidenhair fern is a perfect plant to keep indoors if you want to spruce the place up, but don’t want your cat to get sick.

(Source)

If you know someone who might like this please click “Share” below!