Her Puppy Suddenly Became Paralyzed After Playing In The Garden

Today show co-host Lisa Wilkinson posted some sad news on her Instagram about her boxer puppy. Maggie had become paralyzed after eating a slug in her garden! Maggie ate the slug and contracted lungworm. Lungworm is also known as French Heartworm and the lungworm parasite is carried and spread by slugs and snails.

The disease can be fatal if not treated quickly and correctly. Dogs at any age can get lungworm if they accidentally eat a slug. Wilkinson said that Maggie’s back legs were most affected by the paralysis. Maggie wagged her tail this week, and there was a tiny movement in one back leg!

Wilkinson is hopeful that Maggie will soon be back to running and playing! Feel better soon Maggie!

(Source)

If you know someone who might like this please click “Share” below!