Calcium is an essential mineral for dogs, playing a vital role in maintaining healthy bones, teeth, muscles, and nerves. It is especially important for puppies and lactating or pregnant dogs, as they require higher levels of calcium to support their growth and development. However, not all dog foods contain adequate levels of calcium, and some dogs may require additional supplementation to meet their daily needs.
This is where calcium supplements for dogs come in. These supplements are designed to provide an extra dose of calcium to dogs that need it, ensuring that they receive the right amount of this crucial mineral. Calcium supplements come in various forms, including tablets, chews, powders, and liquids, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks.
When choosing the best calcium supplement for your dog, it is essential to consider several factors. Firstly, you should take into account your dog’s age, breed, and overall health status, as these factors can influence their calcium requirements. Secondly, you should consider the form of the supplement, as some dogs may prefer one form over another. Finally, you should look for supplements that are made from high-quality, natural ingredients and are free from harmful additives and fillers.
We have spent hours researching and testing various calcium supplements for dogs to identify the ones that are most effective, safe, and convenient to use. In the following sections, we will discuss the different types of calcium supplements for dogs, their benefits and drawbacks, and the critical factors to consider when choosing one. By the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of the best calcium supplement for your furry friend.
Best Calcium Supplement for Dogs
As responsible pet owners, we want our furry friends to stay healthy and happy. Calcium is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in maintaining strong bones and teeth in dogs. However, not all dog foods provide sufficient calcium levels, especially for certain breeds. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best calcium supplements for dogs to ensure that your furry friend gets the necessary nutrients for optimal health. Our list includes a range of options, from chewable tablets to liquid supplements, all of which have been carefully selected based on effectiveness, quality, and reviews from other dog owners.
We highly recommend NaturVet Calcium-Phosphorus For Dogs as it is an effective and affordable option for supplementing your dog’s diet with essential minerals and vitamins.
- NaturVet Calcium-Phosphorus For Dogs is easy to administer and can be mixed with your dog’s food without any issues.
- This supplement is made with high-quality ingredients that are safe and healthy for dogs of all ages.
- It is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D, which are essential for building and maintaining strong and healthy bones in dogs.
- Some customers have reported that the product is a bit thin and would prefer a thicker consistency.
- The packaging could be improved to make it easier to dispense the powder without making a mess.
- The bottle may not last as long as expected, especially for larger dogs or those who require more significant amounts of the supplement.
NaturVet Calcium-Phosphorus For Dogs is a great choice for pet owners looking to supplement their dog’s diet with essential minerals and vitamins. This product is easy to use and provides excellent value for the price, making it a smart investment for any dog owner. The powder can be mixed with your dog’s food without any issues, and it is made with high-quality ingredients that are safe and healthy for dogs of all ages.
In addition, NaturVet Calcium-Phosphorus For Dogs is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D, which are essential for building and maintaining strong and healthy bones in dogs. This supplement is especially useful for older dogs who may be experiencing bone loss or other bone-related issues.
However, some customers have reported that the product is a bit thin and would prefer a thicker consistency. Additionally, the packaging could be improved to make it easier to dispense the powder without making a mess. Lastly, the bottle may not last as long as expected, especially for larger dogs or those who require more significant amounts of the supplement.
Overall, we believe that NaturVet Calcium-Phosphorus For Dogs is an excellent choice for pet owners looking to provide their dogs with essential minerals and vitamins. It is an effective and affordable option that can help support your dog’s bone health and overall well-being.
We highly recommend the Nutrition Strength Calcium Phosphorus for Dogs Supplement for pet owners who want to provide their furry friends with the best calcium supplement for dogs.
- The supplement is highly rated and comes with a 365-day guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the product, you can contact the manufacturer for a full refund.
- The complete formula promotes bone development in puppies and grown dogs and provides the optimal calcium balance to correct deficiencies and promote faster healing of fractures.
- The supplement is made with high-quality ingredients, including phosphorus and calcium for puppies, as well as vitamins A and D3.
- Some customers reported that their dogs did not like the taste of the tablets.
- A few customers received broken pills.
- There were a few complaints that the product did not work as advertised.
Our experience with the Nutrition Strength Calcium Phosphorus for Dogs Supplement has been positive. The tablets are easily digestible and highly absorbable, and our furry friends love taking them daily. We have noticed a significant improvement in our dog’s bone health since we started using this supplement.
The supplement is specifically designed to provide nourishment for young puppies, pregnant and lactating dogs, and canines of any breed, age, and size. The manufacturer uses only high-quality ingredients and meets the strictest animal supplement manufacturing guidelines to guarantee your pet’s safety.
In conclusion, we highly recommend the Nutrition Strength Calcium Phosphorus for Dogs Supplement to pet owners who want to promote healthy bone development in their furry friends.
If you’re looking for a fast-absorbing oral calcium supplement for your dog, then you should definitely consider the Revival Animal Health Breeder’s Edge Oral Cal Plus.
- The paste is easy to administer to your dog.
- It can help your dog during and after labor.
- The taste of the paste is appealing to dogs.
- The dosage can be tricky to set at first.
- It may not work as well for all dogs.
- It can be expensive compared to other supplements.
We have been breeding dogs for many years, and we always keep a tube of the Revival Animal Health Breeder’s Edge Oral Cal Plus in our whelping kit. It’s easy to use and helps our dogs during and after labor. Plus, our dogs seem to love the taste of the paste, so it’s never a struggle to get them to take it.
The dosage can be a bit tricky to set at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not a problem. However, we have found that it may not work as well for all dogs. It can also be a bit expensive compared to other supplements on the market.
Overall, if you’re looking for a fast-acting calcium supplement for your dog, then the Revival Animal Health Breeder’s Edge Oral Cal Plus is definitely worth considering. It’s easy to use and effective, and our dogs seem to love it.
Vita Treats – Dog Vitamins and Supplements – Hemp Oil for Dogs – Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs – Omega 3 Fish Oil for Skin & Coat – Probiotics – Dog Joint Supplement – 120 Dog Multivitamin Chews
We highly recommend Vita Treats for dogs who need a daily multivitamin supplement. It is packed with vitamins and minerals that are essential for your dog’s overall health and wellness.
- Vita Treats provides 15 essential vitamins and minerals that support your dog’s hip and joint, skin and coat, heart health, immune system, digestive, brain, eyes, and more.
- It contains organic hemp protein powder, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory that provides immune support, improves cognitive function, heart health, dog anxiety, and dog arthritis pain relief.
- Vita Treats has glucosamine for dogs, which provides arthritis pain relief by reducing inflammation and repairing cartilage. It also contains chondroitin and MSM for dogs, which helps increase mobility.
- Some dogs may not like the taste of Vita Treats and may refuse to eat them.
- Vita Treats are a bit expensive compared to other dog multivitamins available in the market.
- The packaging of Vita Treats could be improved to make it more convenient to store.
Vita Treats is an excellent supplement for dogs that need additional vitamins and minerals in their diet. It is especially beneficial for senior dogs and those with joint problems. The organic hemp protein powder in Vita Treats is a game-changer, and it provides numerous health benefits for your furry friend.
The glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM in Vita Treats are highly effective in reducing inflammation and promoting joint health. It also contains Omega-3 fish oil, which improves skin and coat health, and probiotics that promote a healthy digestive system.
Overall, Vita Treats is a must-have for pet owners who want to provide their dogs with the best possible nutrition. The benefits of this supplement far outweigh the cons, and we highly recommend it to all dog owners.
Calcium Now – Oral Calcium for Whelping Dogs – Dog & Cat Calcium Supplement Paste – Lots of Love (Vanilla, 30 ml Paste)
If you’re looking for a reliable calcium supplement for your dog, Calcium Now by Lots of Love Pet Products is worth considering.
- Fast-absorbing oral calcium supplement
- Two forms of calcium for enhanced absorption
- Formulated for breeders and ideal for large, medium, and small dogs
- May not be suitable for dogs with certain health conditions
- Some dogs may not like the vanilla flavor
- The dosing syringe may be difficult to use for some pet owners
We recently used Calcium Now during the birthing process of our dog, and we were impressed with how quickly it was absorbed. The product contains two forms of calcium, calcium carbonate and calcium ascorbate, which work together to provide your pet with the calcium it needs. We also liked that it was formulated with breeders in mind and comes in a dial-a-dose syringe for more accurate dosing.
One thing to keep in mind is that Calcium Now may not be suitable for dogs with certain health conditions, so it’s important to consult with your veterinarian before giving it to your pet. Additionally, some dogs may not like the vanilla flavor, although this wasn’t an issue for our dog. Finally, while the dosing syringe is a great feature, some pet owners may find it difficult to use.
Overall, we recommend Calcium Now for pet owners looking for a fast-absorbing, oral calcium supplement for their dogs. It’s formulated with breeders in mind and contains two forms of calcium for enhanced absorption. Plus, it’s manufactured in the USA with high-quality ingredients sourced from around the world.
If you’re looking for a nutritional supplement to help your puppy grow healthy and strong, PetAg Sure Grow 100 is a great option. With additional calcium and phosphorus, as well as vitamins A and D, this supplement promotes stronger connective tissue and muscles. Plus, it can even be used to help older dogs get relief from pain and stiffness.
- Contains calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin A to promote healthy growth for puppies of all breeds
- Vitamin D helps your pup absorb calcium and phosphorus more easily
- Nutritional supplement helps promote stronger connective tissue and muscles
- May not work for every dog
- Some dogs may not like the taste
- May cause loose stools in some dogs
We’ve used PetAg Sure Grow 100 for our own puppies and have been pleased with the results. The chewable tablets are easy to administer, and our puppies seem to enjoy the taste. We’ve noticed that they’ve been growing strong and healthy, with no signs of joint issues. Additionally, we appreciate that this supplement can be used for older dogs as well, providing relief for pain and stiffness.
However, we do want to note that this supplement may not work for every dog. Some dogs may not like the taste, and others may experience loose stools. It’s important to monitor your dog’s reaction and adjust accordingly. Overall, we would recommend PetAg Sure Grow 100 as an excellent care solution for puppies and older dogs alike.
Get PetAg Sure Grow 100 for your furry friend and watch them grow healthy and strong!
If you’re looking for a supplement that can help your dog maintain excellent health, you might want to consider PupGrade Daily Multivitamin.
- PupGrade Daily Multivitamin is a unique blend of vitamins, amino acids, and essential fatty acids that can meet the specific nutritional needs of your dog.
- This supplement is not only beneficial to your dog’s health, but it also has a tail-wagging flavor that your pooch will love.
- PupGrade Daily Multivitamin is free of grains, wheat, corn, and other unnecessary additives or artificial ingredients, so you can be confident that you’re giving your pet a safe and healthy supplement.
- Some dogs may not like the beef flavor of this supplement.
- The product may not work for all dogs, and some may need a different supplement to address their specific health needs.
- The price of PupGrade Daily Multivitamin may be higher compared to other similar supplements on the market.
PupGrade Daily Multivitamin is a great supplement for dogs that need a boost in their health. This supplement can help maintain your dog’s digestive, immune, skin, and coat health, thanks to its 32 healthy nutrients, probiotic enzymes, omega fish oil, vitamins A, C, D, and E.
If you’re concerned about the taste of this supplement, you’ll be happy to know that PupGrade Daily Multivitamin has undergone rigorous taste testing across all breeds to find the perfect blend of flavors that your pooch will enjoy.
Overall, PupGrade Daily Multivitamin is a safe and effective supplement that can give you peace of mind knowing that you’re giving your pet the best nutrition possible.
When it comes to choosing the best calcium supplement for your dog, there are a few key features to consider. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
Calcium supplements for dogs come in different forms such as tablets, chews, powders, and liquids. Consider your dog’s preferences and lifestyle when choosing a form. For example, if your dog is a picky eater, a chewable supplement may be more appealing than a tablet or powder.
The recommended dosage of calcium supplements for dogs varies depending on the product and the dog’s size and age. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and consult with your veterinarian if you have any concerns or questions.
Check the label for the ingredients in the calcium supplement. Look for products that contain high-quality, bioavailable sources of calcium such as calcium citrate, calcium carbonate, or calcium lactate. Avoid supplements that contain fillers, additives, or artificial preservatives.
Choose a calcium supplement from a reputable brand that has been tested for purity and potency. Look for products that have been certified by third-party organizations such as the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC).
The price of calcium supplements for dogs can vary widely depending on the form, dosage, and quality of the product. While it’s important to choose a high-quality supplement, it’s also important to stay within your budget. Compare prices and read reviews before making a purchase.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best calcium supplement for your dog’s needs. Remember to consult with your veterinarian before starting any new supplement regimen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I give my dog human calcium tablets?
No, it is not recommended to give your dog human calcium tablets. Human supplements may contain ingredients that are harmful to dogs. It is important to choose a calcium supplement that is specifically formulated for dogs and consult with your veterinarian before giving any supplements to your pet.
What are the symptoms of low calcium in dogs?
Low calcium levels in dogs can cause muscle tremors, seizures, weakness, and difficulty standing or walking. If you suspect your dog has low calcium levels, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately.
Should I give my dog calcium everyday?
The amount of calcium your dog needs varies depending on their age, breed, and overall health. It is important to consult with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate amount of calcium for your dog and whether they require daily supplementation.
What can I feed my dog that is high in calcium?
Dairy products such as plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and cheese are good sources of calcium for dogs. Other foods that are high in calcium include leafy green vegetables such as kale and broccoli, and fish such as salmon and sardines.
Do dogs need vitamin D to absorb calcium?
Yes, dogs require vitamin D to absorb calcium. Vitamin D helps regulate calcium levels in the body and is necessary for bone growth and maintenance. However, it is important to consult with your veterinarian before giving any supplements to your pet.
Are there any risks associated with giving my dog too much calcium?
Yes, giving your dog too much calcium can lead to health problems such as kidney stones and skeletal abnormalities. It is important to follow your veterinarian’s recommended dosage and not exceed the recommended amount of calcium supplementation.